John C. Taylor - Taylor & Ring LLP
John C. Taylor
Taylor & Ring LLP
10900 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 920
Los Angeles, CA 90024
John C. Taylor
Taylor & Ring LLP
1975 - 1977
John C. Taylor has a vast background of jury trial experience in diverse fields. His courtroom success has resulted in multi-million dollar verdicts in complex actions involving: aviation insurance law (Santesson v. Beech Aircraft - $57.5 million), negligent entrustment of an automobile (Mallabo - $18.6 million), negligence (Pascua/White v. Industrial Asphalt - $14.4 million), civil rights (Galal v. City of Long Beach - $6.75 million) and police pursuits (Murillo v. United States of America (Border Patrol) - $3.3 million).
John's areas of expertise include serious personal injury, wrongful death, complex business disputes, corporate fraud, insurance bad faith, products liability, faulty road design, and general negligence.
John is a trial lawyer's trial lawyer. He has been practicing law in Los Angeles for over thirty years and is a well-known figure in Southern California legal circles. In 1988, John received the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award from the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA). In 1992, he was again honored when the legal publication Verdictum Juris named him the Trial Lawyer of the Year.
In 2007 and again in 2008 John was selected as one of the "Top 100 Lawyers" in Southern California by Los Angeles magazine's Super Lawyers publication.
For more than a decade, John has been named in the prestigious Woodward & White's publication The Best Lawyers in America. He holds the rank of "Diplomate" in the American Board of Trial Lawyers (ABOTA). He has testified at trial as an expert on legal ethics, legal malpractice, and insurance bad faith.
Since 1985, John has served on the Board of Governors of CAALA. He became an Emeritus board member in 1997. From 1996 to 1999, he served as a member of the Board of Governors of Public Counsel, one of the largest public interest practices in the nation.
John has continued his participation and contribution to consumer rights as a sustaining member of CAALA, the American Association for Justice (AAJ), and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (TLPJ).
As a frequent speaker and contributor to seminars, John persists in efforts to advance the reputation of the legal community and the rights of injured consumers. He has spoken on ethics at Loyola University School of Law and on Trial Advocacy at Whittier School of Law. His views have had a forum both locally and nationally as a speaker to such groups as CAALA, the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), the American Bar Association's Products Liability Division, ABOTA Inns of Court, and the Nevada and Orange County Trial Lawyer Associations.
John is a graduate of Ohio University and McGeorge School of Law at the University of the Pacific. He began his legal career clerking and trying cases for the Sacramento County Public Defenders' Office. He then worked as an insurance defense lawyer, becoming the youngest partner ever at his firm.
John left defense work for a solo practice representing injured individuals in major personal injury lawsuits. After several incredibly successful years as a solo practitioner, he became a founding partner in Greene, Broillet, Taylor & Wheeler. During his twelve-year tenure at the Greene firm, John tried and won a variety of complex and sophisticated matters as the firm became a nationally-recognized leader in plaintiffs' personal injury law. In 2002, John decided to start his own law firm and partnered with David Ring to create Taylor & Ring, where he continues his successful trial practice.
John Taylor received a superb (10 out of 10) rating on the web site Avvo.com. This web site objectively rates lawyers based on specific criteria. To view John's profile on Avvo.com please click here.
- Motor vehicle accidents: We have successfully obtained large verdicts and settlements for people injured in car collisions, truck accidents or motorcycle accidents.
- Construction/industrial accidents : Often, construction workers and laborers in industrial workplaces are allowed to bring a lawsuit against third parties other than their employer who contributed to the accident, in addition to collecting worker's compensation benefits.
- Dangerous premises : A dangerous condition existing on a property is grounds for suing the property owner who should have fixed the dangerous condition before it caused serious injury to a visitor or customer.
- Dangerous products/product liability : Products sometimes cause injuries because they are defective in their design or because of a manufacturing defect. Injuries caused by a dangerous product are actionable against manufacturers, suppliers and retailers of the product.
- Nursing home neglect : Elderly people in nursing home facilities are often neglected due to understaffing, neglect and unqualified care workers. These patients can suffer debilitating bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration and other horrible conditions in the very facilities that are being paid to care for the person. These "elder abuse" injuries are actionable.
- Catastrophic injuries: We represent people who suffered catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. We also represent clients in wrongful death claims. Our lawyers seek maximum compensation for those who will need life-long care and who will likely never be able to work again.
Other Areas of Law
Other practice areas we handle include:
- Child sexual abuse : When a teacher, priest, coach or any other adult victimizes a child, it is a profound tragedy. We have extensive experience in representing children who have been sexually abused or molested. We do whatever it takes to help them on their road to recovery.
- Employment litigation: When bosses or co-workers infringe upon other employees' ability to work by discriminating against them, sexually harassing them at work, or wrongfully terminating them for an illegal reason, often the only way to remedy the situation is through litigation. We represent employees and workers who have been treated illegally in the workplace.
- Business disputes : We handle sophisticated business matters like breach of contract, business disputes between partners or companies, fraud, unfair business practices, and other similar types of business litigation.
View On Google Maps