Robert R. Clayton - Taylor & Ring LLP
Robert R. Clayton
Taylor & Ring LLP
10900 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 920
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Robert R. Clayton
Taylor & Ring LLP
Loyola University New Orleans
1997 - 1999
Robert Clayton is a partner at Taylor & ring. He has successfully represented clients in catastrophic personal injury actions in both state and federal court. His practice areas include serious personal injury, wrongful death, sexual abuse, products liability, motorcycle and motor vehicle accidents, scalding/burns, assault and battery of customers by security guards, and premises liability actions involving dangerous conditions on public and private property.
Some of the verdicts and settlements that Robert has obtained include: $4.5 million for a 65-year old man that was left paralyzed as a result of a defective product; $3.5 million from a trucking company and the State of California for the wrongful death of a motorcyclist after an intersection accident; $2.1 million for the wrongful death of a 79-year old woman who died after being scalded in her apartment; $1.5 million for a 51-year old man that fractured his hip in a motorcycle accident; $1.5 million for the wrongful death of a single, undocumented adult male who fell to his death at a condominium and whose parents lived in Mexico; $1 million for the wrongful death of a single, adult male assaulted by a security guard and who was only survived by his elderly mother; $870,000 for an undocumented construction worker who sustained a serious head injury when he fell from a defective ladder; and $750,000 for a 13-year old boy who was sexually assaulted by a priest.
For five consecutive years (2006-2010), Robert has been recognized by his peers as one of the top lawyers under the age of forty in Southern California as listed on the Rising Stars list by Southern California Super Lawyers. This distinct honor is only bestowed on 2.5% of practicing attorneys.
Robert is a graduate of California State University, Northridge where he was the recipient of the Jenniellen Ferguson Memorial Award for academic excellence. He then went on to graduated from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles where he served as the Managing Editor of the Loyola Entertainment Law Journal.
Robert spent the first six years of his legal career working for insurance defense firms. This experience has proven invaluable to his clients because Robert uses his in-depth, behind-the-scenes understanding of how insurance companies evaluate personal injury claims to the great benefit of his injured clients.
Robert is a member of the State Bar of California, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), the American Association for Justice (AAJ), Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), and the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Motor vehicle accidents: We have successfully obtained large verdicts and settlements for people injured in car collisions, truck accidents or motorcycle accidents.
- Construction/industrial accidents : Often, construction workers and laborers in industrial workplaces are allowed to bring a lawsuit against third parties other than their employer who contributed to the accident, in addition to collecting worker's compensation benefits.
- Dangerous premises : A dangerous condition existing on a property is grounds for suing the property owner who should have fixed the dangerous condition before it caused serious injury to a visitor or customer.
- Dangerous products/product liability : Products sometimes cause injuries because they are defective in their design or because of a manufacturing defect. Injuries caused by a dangerous product are actionable against manufacturers, suppliers and retailers of the product.
- Nursing home neglect : Elderly people in nursing home facilities are often neglected due to understaffing, neglect and unqualified care workers. These patients can suffer debilitating bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration and other horrible conditions in the very facilities that are being paid to care for the person. These "elder abuse" injuries are actionable.
- Catastrophic injuries: We represent people who suffered catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. We also represent clients in wrongful death claims. Our lawyers seek maximum compensation for those who will need life-long care and who will likely never be able to work again.
Other Areas of Law
Other practice areas we handle include:
- Child sexual abuse : When a teacher, priest, coach or any other adult victimizes a child, it is a profound tragedy. We have extensive experience in representing children who have been sexually abused or molested. We do whatever it takes to help them on their road to recovery.
- Employment litigation: When bosses or co-workers infringe upon other employees' ability to work by discriminating against them, sexually harassing them at work, or wrongfully terminating them for an illegal reason, often the only way to remedy the situation is through litigation. We represent employees and workers who have been treated illegally in the workplace.
- Business disputes : We handle sophisticated business matters like breach of contract, business disputes between partners or companies, fraud, unfair business practices, and other similar types of business litigation.
View On Google Maps