Gary Lesser - Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith
Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith
101 Northpoint Parkway
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Lesser, Lesser, Landy & Smith
University of Miami
1989 - 1992
Gary has continued the Firm’s tradition of community involvement. He serves on The Florida Bar Board of Governors, and has also served as the Chair of the Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee and Chair of the Advertising Committee. Gary also served as the Chair of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee and Chair of the Medical Legal Committee for many years.
Gary has lectured at seminars all over Florida on the topics of personal injury and various ethics issues. He has been interviewed by local and national media regarding cases, important ethical/legal issues, and his service to the community.
Gary S. Lesser is the Firm’s Managing Partner and concentrates his practice in personal injury law, and has handled numerous high profile cases. He has handled a large number of personal injury cases over the years, including automobile injury, wrongful/accidental death, premises liability (slip and fall), negligent security, product injury and other related injury cases.
Legal Communal Involvement:
- The Florida Bar, Board of Governors Member (2011-present); Professional Ethics Committee (Chair for 2003-2004 and Vice Chair for 2001-2003); Advertising Committee (Chair for 2010-2011 and Vice Chair for 2009-2010); Professionalism Committee 2005-2008
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Professionalism Committee (Chair for 1999-2002 and Co-Chair for 1998-1999); Medical Legal Committee (Chair for 2005-2008, 2010-2011)
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Patron and Member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Former Vice President
- Florida Development Chair, Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County, PAC Chair
- Parent Television Council, National Board Member (2014-Present)
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County: Board Member (1995-Present), Former Chair of Campaign Outreach; Former Chair of the Business & Professional Division; Former President, Young Leadership Division
- Florida Atlantic University Foundation Board Member (2011-Present); Member of Investment Committee and Development Committee
- Trustee Member of Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce and Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce; President’s Council Member of Hobe Sound Chamber of Commerce
- Meyer Jewish Academy f/k/a Jewish Community Day School, served as Fundraising Vice President and Legal Vice President and on the Board for over 20 years
- Hillel of Palm Beach and Broward Counties, Board Member (2012-Present)
- Young Singers of the Palm Beaches, Board Member (2014-Present)
- Recipient of the Jurisprudence Award from the Anti-Defamation League, 2015
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of legal ability and ethics
- Recipient of the University of Miami School of Law Alumni Leadership Award, 2012
- Corporate Social Responsibility or Philanthropy Award, "Business Builds Community, Community Builds Business" Legal PR News Awards
- Recipient of Israel Unity Award, State of Israel Bonds, 1996
- Recipient of Jewish Federation Annual Young Leadership Award, 2001
- Florida Legal Elite/Hall of Fame (Only 1.8% of Florida attorneys who exemplify a standard of excellence in their profession as chosen by their colleagues are selected as Florida Legal Elite. Compiled by Florida Trend magazine. Only 56 of 88,000 Florida attorneys have been selected for the Hall of Fame).
- Florida Super Lawyers personal injury law. (This exclusive list is based upon peer recognition, professional achievement and independent voting, and limited to 5% of the lawyers per jurisdiction).
- Recipient of the Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce “Business Person of the Year Award, 2009-2010
- Recipient of the Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County “Supporter of The Year” Award, 2010
- U.S. News 2013 Best Law Firms (Based on a rigorous evaluation process of clients and lawyers, as well as peer reviews).
- United Way of Martin County, Character Counts 2013 Business of the Year.
- Recipient of the Families First of Palm Beach County “Harriet Goldstein Award”, 2014
- Recipient of the AJC Global Jewish Advocacy “Judge Learned Hand Award”, 2014
- Recipient of the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches “Small Business Person of the Year Award”, 2014
Representative Seminars Presented:
- Legal Ethics in Florida
- Ethics Advertising and Marketing
- Ethics: Letters of Protection and more
- Litigation Auto Negligence Cases: Ethics and Discovery Process
- Personal Injury: Mediation and Ethical Issues
- 10 Most Common Legal Malpractice Issues for the Auto Litigation Practitioner
View On Google Maps