The Floyd Legal Firm, LLC
Georgia State University
1999 - 2002
The Floyd Legal Firm provides legal representation to those in need as follows:
- I help stop abusive debt collection agencies by holding them to the standards of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Specifically, I help:
- Stop annoying and harassing phone calls from debt collectors;
- Put an end to the annoying collection letters in your mailbox;
- Ensure that debt collectors treat you with respect; and
- Make debt collectors pay you if they violate the FDCPA.
- I help repair consumer credit reports and credit scores by holding credit reporting agencies to the standards of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Specifically, I help:
- Correct errors on your credit report; and
- Hold credit reporting agencies accountable for reporting erroneous information.
- I assist families with getting their lives back on track after intervention by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS). Specifically, I:
- Assist parents with reunification plans when children have been removed from the home or are still in the home; and
- Represent parents in court during dependency and deprivation proceedings initiated by DFCS and/or the Guardian ad Litem.
- I assist with planning estates through the drafting of wills and trusts.
- I assist with protecting individuals' civil rights by ensuring that government agencies and government agents abide by the law and do not mistreat citizens.
This list of services is not meant to be exhaustive and does not mean that I cannot help you with any number of other legal needs you may have. I encourage you to contact me with your legal questions and I will gladly discuss your concerns and evaluate your situation with you. I look forward to being of service to you.