Brett Schroyer - Brett Schroyer P.C.
Brett Schroyer P.C.
1074 Bellaire Ct.
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
View On Google Maps
Brett Schroyer P.C.
Georgia State University
1998 - 2002
Brett practices exclusively in the area of family law, including matters involving divorce, alimony, equitable division of property, child custody and visitation, child support, legitimation, family violence and modification or enforcement of court orders. Brett also serves as a guardian ad litem in contested custody matters and volunteers his time representing indigent clients in domestic relations matters. Brett has also practiced in the area of commercial litigation, plaintiff's personal injury, insurance defense and workers compensation defense in both Federal and Georgia state courts.
- Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Equitable Division of Property
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Family Violence and Modification
- Bar Admissions:
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, 2002
- North Georgia College, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1996
Honors: Phi Alpha Theta
Honors: International History Honor Society
Honors: Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Representative Cases:
- Ward v. McFall, 277 Ga. 649, 593 S.E.2d 340 (2004)
- Bashir v. Rockdale County, 445 F.3d 1323 (11th Cir. 2006)
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Mentor, Transition into Law Practice Program, State Bar of Georgia, 2008
- Lecturer, "Child Custody and Shared Parenting", National Business Institute, 2007
- Lecturer, "Advanced Workers Compensation, Subrogation: An Update", Atlanta Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, 2006
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Sole Practitioner/Small Law Firm Section
- North Fulton Bar Association
- Divorce Resource Network Group of Gwinnett
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Pro Bono Project of the State Bar of Georgia Honor Roll, 2004 - 2005