The Strategic Counsel, LC
University of Florida
In 2006, Steve won the National Small Law Firm Practice Innovation Award recognizing innovative client services. Further, Steve is a nationally recognized speaker for legal and financial services organizations. Steve has been practicing in Tampa Bay for more than 20 years.
- Berry College, Rome, Georgia - Bachelor of Arts - History and Political Science
- University of Florida, School of Law, Gainesville, Florida - Juris Doctorate
- Wealth Counsel
- Member, The Florida Bar Association Member, Real Property, Trust and Probate Section of The Florida Bar Association
- Member, Business Section of The Florida Bar
- Board of Visitors for Berry College
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Former, Past Member of University of South Florida, Professional Advisory Counsel of Estate and Financial Planners
- Former Faculty of the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Former Board Member of the Tampa Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Regular Columnist, Journal of Practical Estate Planning.
- Contributing Author, The Team Approach to Tax, Financial & Estate Planning. Published by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- Contributing Author, Basic Estate Planning In Florida. A manual published by the Florida Bar as a reference manual for attorneys who practice Estate Planning.
- Contributing Author, Generations: Planning Your Legacy. Practical answers from America's foremost estate planning attorneys.
- Contributing Author, Ways And Means: Maximize the Value of Your Retirement Savings.
- Contributing Author, Strictly Business: Estate Planning for the Business Owner.
- Author, Losing Harry, a client guide to understanding estate planning
- Author, Audio CD Presentation Top 10 mistakes made by Business Owners™
- Teacher, "Estate Planning in Florida: An In-depth Legal Guide for Insurance Professionals and Financial Advisors”
- Teacher, "Estate Planning Mini Course: A Primer for The Insurance Professional and Financial Advisor”
- Teacher, “Financial, Insurance and Asset Protection Prior to Medicaid Qualification”
- Teacher, “Estate and Charitable Planning Techniques in Florida”
- Teacher, “The Stretch-Out IRA: Planning Opportunities for the Large Retirement Plan”
- Teacher, “The Truth About Estate Planning”
- Instructor, Hillsborough Community College People's Law School
- Co-Instructor, "Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement"
- Co-Instructor, "Transforming The Prudent Man Into A Prudent Investor"
- Instructor, “The Top 10 Mistakes Business Owner Make”
- Instructor, “Your Corporate Counsel AdvantageTM Training”
- Instructor, “CPA Boot Camp: Working With Business Owners”
- Instructor, “Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors”
- Instructor, “Asset Protection for Business Owners in Florida”
- Instructor, “Asset Protection for Physicians”
- Instructor, “Can You Trust Your Trust”
- Wealth Counsel
- Marcus & Millichap
- Charles Schwab
- New England Financial
- Edward Jones
- Osteopathic Society of Pinellas County
- Florida State Guardianship Association Annual Meeting
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- University of Tampa
- Berry College
- Tampa Association of Life Underwriters
- Tampa Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (TAIFA)
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- John Hancock Financial Services Company
- Morgan Stanley
- Mutual Service Corporation
- Mutual of Omaha
- West Coast Financial Group
Seminar Presentations Provided by Steve Riley:
- "Planning to Protect Your Family in a World of Constant Change”
- “Asset Protection in Florida”
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”
- “The Most Common Mistakes Business Owners Make”
- “T he Truth About Estate Planning”
- “Common Mistakes Business Owner’s Make in Estate Planning”
- “Legal Aspects of Buying or Selling a Business in Florida”
- “How to Buy a Business”
- “Business Succession Planning”
- “Estate Planning for Women in Business”