Dr. Adam Diament
Diament Patent Law, P.C.
University of San Diego
2005 - 2008
Adam Diament, J.D., Ph.D., is the founder and owner of Diament Patent Law, A Professional Corporation. He focuses his work on intellectual property matters for U.S. and international clients in the areas of patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, and trade secrets. He has secured patents in numerous fields, such as devices in the mechanical, electrical, optical, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, construction, and biomedical arts.
Dr. Diament has been a practicing patent attorney since 2008. Prior to becoming an attorney, he earned his Ph.D. in Genetics from the University of California Davis, where his research focused on the genetics of obesity and other metabolic disorders. After his Ph.D., he completed a post-doctoral fellowship at UCLA in nephrology, focusing on the genetics of polycystic kidney disease. During his undergraduate studies at UC Berkeley, he double majored in Molecular and Cell Biology, and Religious Studies. He also participated in gene mapping research as part of the Human Genome Project.
Dr. Diament has taught and assisted in teaching numerous college level courses, including: Genetics of Reproduction, Human Genetics, Issues in Body Weight Regulation, Human Heredity, Physiological Genomics, and Genes and Gene Expression. He also tutored high students in physics, chemistry, and biology. In addition to his academic teachings, he previously taught swing dancing for six years. In his spare time he is an avid genealogist and volunteers for the National Science Bowl® as a judge and moderator.
- University of San Diego, School of Law (J.D. – 2008)
- University of California, Davis (Ph.D. in Genetics – 2004)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A. in Molecular and Cell Biology, and Religious Studies – 1997)
Admitted to Practice
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- California State Courts
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Randolph A. Read Law and Psychiatry Award– Outstanding Contribution to Law and Psychiatry (2008)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient– Law and Mental Disorder (2007)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient– Bioethics and the Law (2007)
- Phi Sigma– National biological science honor society in recognition for outstanding graduate work in the field of biological sciences (2003)