My goal is to help these people return to normal, productive lives, and be the best dwi lawyer, Houston has to offer.” When he is not in the courtroom, Jim Butler is often on the gymnastics floor with daughter, Sophia or on the football field with son Connor. He and his wife enjoy cooking dinner together and as an avid motorcycle enthusiast, Butler can often be seen riding his Harley around town.
Education & Court Admissions
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Fall 1988
- South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctor Degree, 1992
- Graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College in Dubois, Wyoming Spring, 2012
- Graduate of the TCDLA Psychodrama sessions on Voir Dire, Opening Statements, Cross Examination and Closing Arguments, ”Round Top 1”, held at Festival Institute, Round Top, Texas.
DWI Specific Certifications
- Certified Field Sobriety Test Instructor, International Association of Chiefs of Police, 2011
- Certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, Administration, and Interpretation, (NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2005
- Certified in the Operation and Maintenance of the Intoxilizer 5000 breath test machine, 2013
- Certificate of Completion of the Hands of Forensic Gas Chromatography Course, Axiom Labs, Chicago, Illinois, 2010
- Certificate of completion Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course, 2011
James “Jim” R. Butler was born and raised in Waco, Texas. He graduated from Baylor University in 1988 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He then moved on to graduate from South Texas College of Law in 1992 with a Juris Doctor degree. Jim Butler was licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas in 1993.
During Law School, his focus was Criminal Law and Trial Advocacy. After a two year internship with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Butler knew that his calling in life wasn’t to prosecute people, but to help those in need of defense.“I chose DWI because I really want to help people,” says Butler. “My clients are good, hardworking people. When they come to me, they’re worried about the future—they’re afraid of losing their jobs, they’re concerned that their insurance rates will go up.
Did you get a DWI? Are you feeling stressed not knowing exactly what is going to happen now? We can help you alleviate some of your stress.
Give Jim Butler a call today, (713) 236-8744, and receive a free consultation!