2491 Purdue Ave. #221
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Suzanne Natbony is a third generation lawyer, with a focus on transactional, regulatory/compliance and dispute resolution. She is licensed to practice in California, with her own law practice in West Los Angeles, in addition to practicing law for Merino Yebri, in Century City. Ms. Natbony has a well-versed and diverse background practicing law across multiple business sectors, including, healthcare, entertainment and real estate. She has advised physicians, allied health professionals, entertainment talent, architects, business executives, and other professionals on a variety of business matters, including acquisitions, intellectual property rights and a variety of corporate, business and employment contracts. She was also able to participate in policy-based legal work through drafting language for proposed federal statutes and was a legal research assistant at the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, D.C, which is an educational institution of the federal court system.
In addition to practicing law, Ms. Natbony has garnered entrepreneurial and managerial experience working in-house for three startups, since 2008. Currently, Ms. Natbony is Chief Executive Officer for LawTake, an online legal services platform that connects lawyers to people with legal issues utilizing instructional videos and legal documens. Ms. Natbony is in charge of directing and managing the inception of business operations, incorporating and qualifying entities, structuring business operations for legal compliance and maximum revenue streams, strategic planning, business development, drafting and negotiating legal documents and acquiring and maintaining intellectual property. Previously, Ms. Natbony worked for EcoClassic Homes LLC (formerly, New World Home, LLC), a home builder of green, LEED-Certifiable homes, performing a wide range of in-house legal work, led strategic planning sessions and spearheaded implementation and Ms. Natbony worked in the corporate legal department for March Vision Care LLC, a California health plan.
Ms. Natbony graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Southern California. She was Vice President of the Pre-Law Society, Chairperson of the Professional Development Committee of the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, a member of Alpha Phi sorority and she studied abroad at Cambridge University in England. She received her J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law where she focused on Healthcare Law. During law school, Ms. Natbony completed legal course work as a Visiting Student at Pepperdine and Georgetown, as a Special Student at Loyola, through an international study abroad program at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. She was President of the Southwestern Law and Medicine Society, Co-Vice President of the Loyola Health Law and Bioethics Association, and Sports Chair of the Loyola Entertainment and Sports Law Society.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations:
- Westside Ambassador, National Association of Women Business Owners.
- Doctor-Lawyer Dinner Planning Committee, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, January 2010 – May 2013.
- Member, Citizens for Outdoor Recreation and Exercise, December 2009 – December 2010: Drafted letter and appeared at Manhattan Beach City Council meeting and successfully negotiated a compromise with the City, enabling the Sand Dune Park to reopen.
- Tutor, California Bar Exam and law school, January – July 2010
- American Health Lawyers Association, former member
- American Society of Law Medicine and Ethics, former member
- Applying A Business Method and Strategy to the Practice of Law, Attorney-at-Law Magazine, March, 2017.
- One Lawyer’s Take: Dealing with Difficult Clients, The Daily Journal, California Lawyer, November, 2016
- Get Clients and Passive Income With Videos, Attorney-at-Law Magazine, May 2016
- Coauthor of book chapter with Michael Cohen, Esq. and Dr. Ryan Abbott, Esq.: Complementary and alternative medicine in child and adolescent psychiatry: legal considerations. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2013 Jul;22(3):493-507.
- Law Schools and Expanding Your Educational Opportunities through Visiting and Studying Abroad, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Law Student Review, March, 2010: Improving Healthcare with Complementary and Alternative Medical Coverage Under Improved Health Insurance, Health Law, Loyola Law School, December, 2007.
- A Moment of Yoga: Law, Religion and Health in Schools, Law and Religious Institutions Seminar, Southwestern Law School, April, 2008.
- United States and Australian Approaches to Health: Drug Companies, Dietary Supplements and Oversight Agencies, Bioethics, Loyola Law School, April, 2007.
- Dietary Supplement Litigation’s Lack of Scientific Evidence, Independent Study, Southwestern Law School, Fall 2007.
Media & Speaking Engagements:
- Guest Speaker, WeWork, Business Law Lunch & Learn, Sep 2016 – Present.
- Panelist, Keeping Up with the (Tech) Joneses, Law Practice Today, Moderated by Nicholas Gaffney, February 12, 2016.
- Interview, Website Aims to Court Attorneys: LawTake.com lets lawyers pursue clients with advice videos: http://losangeles.cityandpress.com/node/9806975
- Interview by Nicole Brandon, The Bridge to the Law – Suzanne Natbony, OmTimes Radio, October 26, 2015.
- Interview by Ed Sohn in Above The Law about LawTake and being an entrepreneur. You can visit the article here: bit.ly/1MVdF28
- Panelist, TechBiz Connection, How to Connect with Millenials and How to Grow Your Business
- Panelist, AltBuild Expo 2011, Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Represented company in discussion on the benefits of green buildings.
- Interview by Seth Chavez, The Examiner (LA Law Schools section)Coauthor of book chapter with Michael Cohen, Esq. and Dr. Ryan Abbott, Esq.
In her free time, Ms. Natbony enjoys playing sports (tennis, golf and skiing), making art (painting, sculpting and jewelry), volunteering, and attending conferences, seminars and networking events.
This MCLE package will satisfy all of your Calfornia MCLE requirements! The MCLEZ California Bundle A provides 25 hours of informative and interesting video on demand courses that fully satifies your MCLE requirements.
View On Google Maps