1388 Sutter Street, Suite 805
San Francisco, CA 94109
John Hamasaki is a civil rights and criminal defense attorney and the founder of Hamasaki Law. Through his relentless work on behalf of his clients, John has become one of the top criminal defense attorneys in Northern California. While some of his more prominent cases have generated media interest, John focuses each and every day on maintaining discretion as he represents individuals from all walks of life, from the working class to professionals at the top of their careers.
His guiding principle is to litigate each case as if the client’s life is on the line because even the smallest case can have a profound impact on individuals, their families and their careers.
John has built the practice with a focus on defending constitutional protections in complex criminal cases implicating civil rights and civil liberties. Notable recent cases include the defense of a member of the PayPal 14, a federal computer crimes prosecution of the computer hacktivist group "Anonymous" and representation of rapper Laz Tha Boy in a prominent case involving the use of rap lyrics as criminal evidence.
John's work as an attorney has been recognized by organizations such as Super Lawyers an d Best 40 Under 40. He also maintains a perfect rating 10 on Avvo.
In addition to regular speaking engagements on issues of criminal justice, John has maintained a focus on giving back to the community through public service including:
- Board of Directors for the Asian American Bar Association
- Board of Directors for the Barristers Club of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Board of Governors for the California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Co-Chair of the Criminal Law & Government Investigations of the Barristers Club for the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Coach for the College Track Mock Trial Program
View On Google Maps