Case Western Reserve University
1966 - 1969
I have been a Florida Trial Lawyer since 1971 when I had my first jury trial in Gainesville, and I have been in and out of the courtroom ever since. As a Trial Lawyer I enjoy helping people get their lives back together after a serious accident or an arrest. I consider myself an expert in negotiating settlements as well as trying cases in the courtroom. I have the determination and experience to go head to head with the big and powerful insurance companies that try to take advantage of people who were injured through no fault of their own. I always fight hard to get every one of my clients the justice they deserve.
I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, came to Gainesville in 1970 after graduating law school at Case-Western Reserve University, passed the Florida Bar, and opened my practice in downtown Gainesville in 1971. After 37 years, every work day I still enjoy going to work, getting to know and help my clients that come to my office from all over North Florida, working with my amazing staff, and fighting for the rights of individuals and for the justice they are entitled to.
Throughout my years in Gainesville I have enjoyed giving back to the community through numerous community service activities. My recent public service contributions are my three Consumer Guide Books. I am very proud of these books which are a culmination of my 42 years of legal experience and insights. It is my intention that these books help the people of Florida from making mistakes that can negatively affect their lives for many years.
As an attorney, I concentrate in personal injury accident and wrongful death cases as well as DUI/ Criminal Defense. I regularly attend seminars to stay up to date on emerging trends and technology in these fields of law. In addition, over the past 20 years I have lectured and been chairman of many legal seminars in Florida. I get deep satisfaction in teaching and raising the level of professionalism for both young and experienced attorneys.
Here are some of the highlights of my career:
- I proudly accepted an invitation from the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers to join their organization in 2013. The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 is an invitation only professional organization comprised of America’s top trial attorneys. Only a select few are invited from each state to join. An invitation of membership is extended exclusively to those select individuals who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. Invited lawyers also exhibit the most outstanding leadership skills, maintain an excellent reputation in his or her respective community, and demonstrate an unbridled passion for excellence as a trial attorney.
- I am a proud Member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum which is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the U.S. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. Only less than 1% of lawyers in the country are members of this group.
- Member of the Florida and American Justice Associations (the two most important personal injury trial lawyer groups) for many years and utilize their resources to provide the best representation for my clients.
- Served on the Florida Bar Rules of Judicial Administration Committee and the Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee, (the committee that makes the rules for litigating personal injury and wrongful death cases).
- Teacher in the University of Florida Law School Trial Advocacy Program.
- Chairman and lecturer for Lorman Seminars.
- Regular lecturer around the State of Florida to other lawyers for the past 15 years.
- Past Chairman and member of the Florida Bar Traffic Court Rules Committee from 1992 to 2002. (The committee that help write the rules regarding DUI trials.)
- Recognized statewide for creating the experienced DUI defense team at the Law Office of Jeffrey Meldon and Associates serving Alachua County.
- Chairman and lecturer at the Florida Bar DUI Seminars for the last 12 years.
CONTACT:(Gainesville Office)Meldon Law703 N Main St Suite AGainesville, FL 32601Phone: (352)-614-3705Toll Free: (888) 458-1482Email: [email protected]
(Ocala Office)Meldon Law121 NW 3rd StOcala, FL 34475Phone: (352) 897-2031Fax: (352) 373-8400
(Fort Lauderdale Office)Meldon Law1 East Broward Blvd, #730Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Phone: (954) 334-1276