Dornbrand Law LLC
University of California, Berkeley
1976 - 1979
Family law issues are complex. Individuals grappling with such issues need creative problem-solving — not cookie cutter services. Creative, individualized problem-solving is what we provide.
We help clients retain control, as much as possible, over processes and outcomes. We assist clients in understanding the big picture. Based on the belief that litigation should not be the assumed process for solving family law issues, we explore with our clients alternative processes. These include mediation, collaborative law, negotiation, and arbitration. Together, we and our clients define possible fair and equitable solutions — solutions that will provide a stable and secure future. We then work to achieve those solutions.
We help individuals with:
- prenuptial agreements
- divorce proceedings, including those involving the valuation, division and allocation of professional practices, businesses, collectibles, deferred compensation plans and rights, retirement assets, and other property
- marital settlement agreements
- establishment and modification of child and spousal support
- orders prohibiting violence, stalking or harassment
- enforcement and modification of agreements and court judgments
- domestic partnerships
- other family law matters
Over her thirty years of practice, Ms. Dornbrand’s clients have largely consisted of other lawyers, including lawyers in multi-national law firms; employees of public international organizations, such as the World Bank and IMF; physicians and other health care professionals; business owners; leaders of charitable or educational entities; corporate executives; and government employees.