10 Tips on How to Speak to the Media
Aaron Minc is a nationally recognized leader in the specialized area of Internet defamation and is known as the go-to attorney for the most malicious Internet defamation crises.
As experienced online reputation management attorneys, we have helped over 2,500 clients put their best foot digital footprint forward. We know the ins and outs of dealing with media representatives and how to best preserve you or your business’s reputation.
To ensure that you or your business puts your best foot forward when speaking to the media (and reduce your chances of being misquoted) follow these ten tips:
- Know your deadline
- Ask for the questions ahead of time
- Understand the rules of media
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Avoid getting ambushed
- Never wing it, and do not ramble
- Avoid jargon and acronyms
- Tell the truth
- Avoid saying “‘no comment”
- Do not open yourself up to legal liability
To read a breakdown of these tips, visit this article in its entirety by visiting the following link at our legal resource center: https://www.minclaw.com/tips-how-speak-media/