How Much Does a DMCA Takedown Notice Cost?
Aaron Minc is a nationally recognized leader in the specialized area of Internet defamation and is known as the go-to attorney for the most malicious Internet defamation crises.
Are you a photographer and someone has used one of your photographs on their website without your permission? Or, maybe you are a writer and a popular online blog has published your short story claiming they wrote it. Or, perhaps, someone has lifted a selfie you posted on a social media account and is now using it to harass you online.
In each situation, you may be able to stop the infringing activity by exercising your intellectual property rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and sending a DMCA takedown notice.
In theory, having an attorney prepare and send a DMCA takedown notice is a straightforward process. Most copyright matters can be evaluated in a matter of minutes and the preparation of a DMCA takedown notice itself does not take much longer. However, the reality of sending an effective DMCA takedown notice often deviates significantly from theory and requires great care and strategic consideration when drafting.
At Minc Law, we have extensive experience drafting and sending effective DMCA takedown notices to websites, search engines, and online platforms, to protect our clients’ intellectual property.
The major factors which may impact the costs to prepare and send a DMCA takedown notice include:
- Confirmation that the copyright claim is legitimate;
- Identifying any potential legal defenses to the copyright takedown notice;
- The type of platform the DMCA takedown notice will need to be sent to;
- The number of platforms and websites containing the copyrighted content;
- The amount of copyright content posted online;
- The necessity of follow-up action to ensure the infringing content does not reappear.
Every copyright infringement matter is different, so there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the total costs of preparing and sending DMCA takedown notices.
Below, we take a look at reasons why you should hire an attorney to send a DMCA takedown notice, the key factors influencing the total costs of sending a DMCA takedown request, how to choose a DMCA takedown provider, and how much DMCA takedown services cost at Minc Law.
- Reasons to Have an Attorney Send a DMCA Takedown Notice
- What Goes Into the Legal Costs of Hiring an Attorney to Submit a DMCA Request?
- What to Do After Your Attorney Has Sent a DMCA Notice
- How to Choose a DMCA Takedown Service Provider
- How Much Do DMCA Services Cost at Minc Law?
- Work With Internet Attorneys to Protect Your Copyright
To read this article in its entirety, visit the post on the Minc Law blog by clicking the following link: https://www.minclaw.com/dmca-takedown-notice-cost/