I welcome referrals and confidential inquiries from corporate counsel, professionals, and executives who need an insightful and experienced litigator for advice, to serve as trial or appellate counsel, or to oversee an internal investigation. I have substantial litigation experience, am widely published (I am Editor-in-Chief of a pharmaceutical law treatise published by BNA entitled "Pharmaceutical Law: Regulation of Research, Marketing and Development" (in supplementation), and am an Adjunct Professor Law at the University of Houston Law Center (where I have taught Civil and Criminal Trial Advocacy, Food and Drug Law, Antitrust & Health Law, and have co-taught Regulation of Biomedical Research). I have also been a faculty instructor for NITA since the 1990's at its Southern Regional Program (held at SMU's Dedman School of Law) and at Houston Deposition Program (held at the University of Houston Law Center and South Texas College of Law).
I speak regularly for the ABA and other leading groups on a wide variety of topics, such as Corporate Compliance and Governance, the FCPA, Securities Fraud, Internal Investigations, Parallel Proceedings, Sarbanes-Oxley, Health Care Fraud, and White Collar Defense. I have maintained board certifications in Criminal Law since the late 1980's from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1988) and the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1989). In addition to my JD, I have two LL.M.s, Taxation (1996) and Health Law (2000). NITA Faculty, 2006-present, http://www.martindale.com/Michael-E-Clark/1669001-lawyer.htm; Texas Super Lawyers, 2007-present, http://www.superlawyers.com/texas/lawyer/Michael-E-Clark/a051f497-181f-4399-862b-cd4a7ad5c1cf.html; Houston's Top Lawyers, H-Texas Magazine (2008-2009).
I stay very active professionally and have been blessed and honored to have been selected for various positions:
- Member, Standing Committee on Publishing Oversight, American Bar Association, 2007-2010, http://www.abanet.org/abastore/front_end/static/about/scopo.html;
- Past Chair, ABA Section of Business Law, White Collar Crimes Committee, 2005-2008, http://www.abanet.org/dch/committee.cfm?com=CL310000;
- Member, Editorial Board, Business Lawyer, ABA Section of Business Law, 2007-present, http://www.abanet.org/buslaw/tbl/editorial.shtml;
- Vice Chair, ABA Section of Health Law, 2012l;
- Past Chair, Publication Executive Committee, ABA Section of Health Law, 2005-2008, http://www.abanet.org/health/06_membership/02_section_leader.html;
- Co-chair, South Texas Region, White Collar Crimes Committee, ABA Section of Criminal Law, 2006-2008, http://www.abanet.org/dch/more.cfm?com=CR301000&mod=10;
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2005-present, http://www.abf-sociolegal.org/;
- Advisory Board, University of Houston Law Center, Criminal Justice Institute, 2005-present, http://www.law.uh.edu/cji/advisory.html