I am a litigation attorney in Dallas, Texas specializing in business and commercial litigation.
I have litigated numerous complex cases, including contract disputes, business tort claims, trade secret issues, DTPA claims, creditor’s rights issues, landlord-tenant disputes, employment discrimination claims, unpaid accounts and contract claims by material suppliers, fraud (including securities fraud), and non-compete agreements.
I have represented a wide variety of clients, including e-commerce companies, financial institutions, manufacturers, distributors, transportation companies, real-estate developers, general contractors, partnerships, investors, commercial property owners and managers, and individuals. I have also served as local counsel to law firms seeking assistance in cases pending in Texas.
SELECTED CLIENT REPRESENTATIONS
• Obtained a take-nothing verdict for a Fortune 500 client in an adversary proceeding in federal court;
• Obtained a favorable judgment in federal court for violations of, among others, the Securities Exchange Act, Rule 10b-5, and the Texas Securities Act (https://www.judicialview.com/Court-Cases/Civil-Remedies/Texas-Stock-Scam-Claimed-False-Patented-Technology/11/4302);
• Obtained a federal court judgment against several foreign defendants in a breach of contract action and garnished the entire amount of the judgment and overcame the judgment debtors’ motion to dissolve;
• Representation of manufacturers and distributors in numerous breach of contract and unpaid account cases;
• Defended corporate client against claims of discrimination and retaliation;
• Representation of financial institutions in actions alleging unfair business practices and violations of federal and state statutes relating to consumer credit accounts;
• Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a real estate developer involving a boundary dispute and damages resulting from an alleged trespass;
• Assisted in obtaining a state court judgment on behalf of a commercial landlord for breach of lease, foreclosing on the judgment debtor’s property, and coordinating a sheriff’s sale of the foreclosed property; and
• Participated in City of Plano Loaner Attorney Program (tried approximately 70 cases on behalf of the City of Plano, Texas - 2006).
• Cambridge Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals, Honors Edition (2008)
• Briefing Attorney to the Honorable John Sharp Anderson, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas (2004-2005)
South Texas College of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude- 04'
• Order of Lytae
• Law Review
• Langdel Scholar: Torts and Contracts
• Dean's List
• Who's Who Among America's Law Students- 02' & 03'
• Highest Grade Award: Employment Discrimination,
Evidence, Texas Pre-Trial Procedure, Texas Trial and
Appellate Procedure, Torts II, Property II, and
Texas Tech University, B.A., 01'
• President's List
• Dean's List
• National Dean's Honor List
• Phi Gamma Delta
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
• State of Texas
• United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern,
Eastern and Western Districts of Texas